If you don't love simple, quick, and easy.... maybe you should have a complicated, long, difficult talk with your doctor.
I do most of my grocery shopping at the beginning of the month, so when the end of the month rolls around I have to get a little creative in the kitchen. One of my favorite 'throw-it-together' recipes is for breakfast casserole. It is always yummy, works for every meal of the day - even those in-between, non-meals like brunch - and there are never any leftovers... so, basically, it's the best meal ever.
Now if only I could convince the dishes to wash themselves....
The recipe is very simple.
- Gather any and all omelette-ish ingredients you have, including eggs. Omelette-ish is a technical term; I'm sure you understand. You will also need bread (crusts work great); just enough to cover the bottom of your baking dish.
- Crumble or chop the bread and cover the bottom of the baking dish with it. You will notice that baking dish is super-generalized here... that's because you can use any size or shape as long as all your omelette-ish stuff fits in there!!
- Chop up your omelette-ish ingredients EXCLUDING eggs and cheese, and throw 'em in over the bread. This evening, for example, I used sausage (already browned and drained), green peppers, and onions.
- Beat your eggs (for a 9x13" pan, I would ideally use a dozen - the eggs help put the 'breakfast' in your casserole, after all) and add a touch of milk and cheese if you have it. If you don't have milk or cheese, don't bother adding it! Pour your egg mixture over the rest of the ingredients. Season to taste. I like salt and pepper, sometimes onion and garlic. Nothing fancy for this girl.
- Pop that sucker in an oven pre-heated to 350, give or take. Bake until you can smell it from the couch, or until the eggs are fully cooked.
Voila! Ces't tres bon! (I took two years of high school French, can ya tell!?)
Sidebar: Elana loves this stuff. Based on this qualified, scientific evidence, I feel quite confident that your kids will also adore it. Consider this recipe Kid Friendly, Momma Approved!